What you need to satisfy your General Education requirement?
In order to fulfill your General Education requirement for graduation you must complete at least one course in each of the following 10 categories and reach 40 credits:
- Foreign Language and Culture
- Global Perspective
- Natural Science and Technology
- Formal Reasoning
- Social Science
- Western Civilization
- Writing Foundations - Composition II (2.0 GPA)
- Knowledge Application (outside of major)
How do I search for Gen Ed courses in SAIL?
- Once in SAIL, click “Register for Classes” on the top black bar
- Click “Look-up Classes to Add”
- Select the appropriate term and click “Submit”
- Under the Subject area, click "Advanced Search"
- Highlight all of the subjects in the subject area by either clicking the first subject and dragging your cursor down the list or by clicking the first subject, holding shift, and clicking the last subject on the list
- In the "Attribute Type" section, highlight all of the attributes that have "Gen Ed" in the title
- Scroll down and click “Section Search”
- This page shows you the Course Reference Number (CRN), credit hours, title of the course, and the day, time, location and instructor of the course.
- Click on the CRN to view the Class Schedule Listing which provides further detail regarding the location of the course.
- Click on “View Catalog Entry” for a detailed description of the course, including prerequisite and class-type (i.e. lecture, online) information