Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers Articulation Agreement

MACRAO allows transfer students to satisfy Gen Ed requirements at a community college.


  • Transfer students must also either transfer in a course that is acceptable for the knowledge application requirement or take the course at OU after transferring
  • A writing intensive course and capstone course must still be taken at OU
  • Transfer students are exempt from the writing intensive Gen Ed requirement
  • Transfer students must get a transcript from their community college adviser with a "MACRAO Agreement Satisfied" stamp and present it for review 
  • Transfer students' last 32 credits must be taken at OU
    To learn more, schedule an appointment with your 
    Academic Adviser at (248) 370-4567 or visit 
    221 Varner Hall.