What is FERPA?
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) protects student privacy in regards to your confidential educational records. OU is not allowed to release confidential educational records to anyone other than you unless a waiver is signed and the student is present.
The only information OU can freely release is called Directory Information. Directory Information can include your name, address, telephone number, major, degree sought, attendance, and honors. If you do not wish to have your Directory Information appear on the OU website you can restrict this by:
1. Logging in to SAIL
2. Clicking on Login to a Secure Area
3. Completing the User Login
4. Selecting Personal Information
5. Selecting Directory Profile
6. De-selecting the Display in Directory option for items you wish not to appear in the web directory.
Find out more information about your rights under FERPA.