Tips for Students
Here are some great tips for your sophomore and junior year:
- Schedule an appointment with you CAS adviser to review your academic plan
- Call (248) 370-4567 or visit 221 Varner Hall
- Continue to explore the OU Career Cycle
- Meet with your faculty adviser to discuss careers related to your major and research opportunities, graduate school options and tests needed for admission
- If planning to attend graduate school - study - and sign up for admission tests to take during the summer
- Schedule an appointment with Career Services to learn about applying for internships as well as drafting a resume and cover letter
- Gather information about occupations that interest you. Visit online job sites to examine the education and experience needed for those desired careers.
- Build marketable skills by participating in student organizations, volunteering, interning, and working in areas that match your interests and goals
Tips for Seniors
Here are some suggestions to ensure your senior year goes off without a hitch!
- Meet with your Professional Academic Adviser your first semester for a grad audit
- Contact (248) 370-4567 or visit 221 Varner Hall
- Keep exploring the OU Career Cycle
- Meet with Career Services to learn job search strategies and perfect your resume
- Participate in job fairs both on and off campus
- Consider graduate school - many applications are due the Fall of your Senior year!
- Investigate and apply for jobs